I can confirm that the issue is still there in Android 2.0.1 on my
Milestone as well (and more pronounced) on my HTC Hero which still
runs 1.5. I put together a quick test that you can download from
http://file-pasta.com/file/0/touchflood.apk (Note: it's 300kb because
i used a game dev framework to put that together which features a bit
more than is needed).

Observations on 2.0.1:
- Touching alone decreases the performance a bit, around 2-4 frames
are lost
- Touching and moving the finger around makes things works, the frame
rate drops by up to 8fps
- The slow down is not constant but fluctuates a lot.
- Sleeping in onTouch does not solve the problem at all (sleep times
from 16 to 40ms) but only increases the lag in user input

At least there's no garbage collection in 2.0.1 anymore due to touch
events.