Hey all-

I am using an Application object to store app-wide instance data--data
that I need to remain in existence for the entire lifetime of the app,
so the Application class seems like the proper place to put it. I have
just finished reading this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/502fe58d8ed44102#
that goes into pretty good detail and receives confirmation from
Googler hackbod as to how the Application class performs--and from
that info it seems this strange behavior I am receiving should not be
happening...

Basically, every once in a while when I resume my app in any of its
Activities (it is still running in memory so onCreate is not called) I
get NullPointerExceptions because instance variables in my Application
class are returning null when I request them from my Activity (via a
getter method in my custom Application class). It seems as if
sometimes Android saves the states of my Activities but deletes all my
instance variable data... This can't be an Android problem--there must
be something wrong with my code.

Has anyone else ever ran into an issue of this kind? Any ideas as to
what may be causing this? I'm not going to post my code here as that
won't help anyone, but hopefully someone can point me in some helpful
directions.

Thanks so much,
Nick