Bob-

Nope, I'm using getApplication()

For instance [inside an Activity]:

MyApplication application;

@Override
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
    application = (MyApplication) this.getApplication();
}

The error is most easily re-produceable when I am in Activity B, after
A started it for result, and then click a button in B to launch Maps
with an Intent to search for an address, then from Maps I hit Home
then my launcher icon on my Home Screen to go back into my app--BAM!
Activity B fails onResume with a NullPointerException coming from a
getter method on my MyApplication class, when I know for sure Activity
A properly set the data in MyApplication..

So strange...

Thanks,
Nick