Sorry, I didn't really mean it to be that sarcastic -- more
educational with a humorous note. But I was a bit rushed, so I kind of
skipped over the explanation part, and the humor, well, my humor is of
a hit-or-miss variety...but usually I have the good sense to not apply
it in online discussions like that.

You'll notice that Robert's code does exactly what I said -- an odd
number of axis in the scaling are negative. Think about what that does
-- it mirrors it across the plane formed by the other two axis. Any
odd number of mirrorings will leave you with the handedness of the
coordinate system flipped.

This can be across ANY planes. But you can decompose any set of linear
transformations to be a scaling times every everything else, so you
can flip, then move that plane around, to achieve mirroring across any
plane whatsoever.

There's no other way to do it, this is the complete set.

See, I really was giving you a complete solution -- in condensed form!

Now, I was slightly careless in my description. If you scale any axis
by zero, you reduce the number of dimensions by one. Do it once, and
you have Flatland -- and you no longer have a concept of "handedness"
at all. Do it twice, and you get a linear world. Not very interesting.
Do it three times, and you've got a point -- but I can't see it!