There is something very strange here.

What is MyLibrary.apk?

I think you may be a bit confused with what libraries are.

Library projects are handled at compilation time. They are *NOT* meant
to be export as APK (I don't even know how you managed to create
MyLibrary.apk because the tools don't let you do it).

When you compile an application project that depends on a library, the
code and resources of the library are included in the app project's
apk when you compile it.

Xav

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Mark Carter <mjc1...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> When trying to launch an activity, the console gives:
>
> Uploading MyApp.apk onto device 'emulator-5554'
> Installing MyApp.apk...
> Success!
> Could not find MyLibrary.apk!
> Starting activity com.mycompany.MyActivity on device
> ActivityManager: Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN
> cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] cmp=com.mycompany/
> com.mycompany.MyActivity }
> Attempting to connect debugger to 'com.mycompany' on port 8612
>
> And then the activity fails to start (ClassNotFoundException).
>
> This seems to be because of the line:
>
> Could not find MyLibrary.apk!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> On May 22, 11:49 am, Mark Carter <m...@carter.name> wrote:
>> Great to see the new Android Library Project feature in ADT 0.9.7.
>>
>> http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/eclipse-adt.html#librar...
>>
>> However, some things aren't clear to me yet:
>>
>> 1. In the library project, what does versionCode, versionName,
>> packageName now mean? I assume nothing???
>> 2. The docs state that activities, services etc need to be declared in
>> the library project and also the app project. So doesn't this just
>> result in a load of duplication? What if the activity is declared
>> slightly differently in one to the other?
>> 3. It would have been incredibly useful to allow library projects to
>> reference each other. I'm curious as to why this is not possible...
>> 4. If an app references both resources and code in a library project,
>> then that library project needs to be added as both a library and a
>> project in the app's build path (in eclipse at least) - why is this?
>> 5. I'm considering subclassing library project activities/services in
>> my app project. Is there any reason not to do this?
>>
>> --

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!