On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 06:15:31 pm Damir Olejar wrote:

> For now, koolu latest release works really good on freerunner (although
> slow boot, and apps running)

The slowness whilst running is fixed in Michael's (Panicking) images.

> but the battery does not last more than 30 minutes or so. It looks like the
> "suspend" option does not suspend the battery.

Odd, mine did suspend OK with both Koolu 1.5 cupcake alpha and now with
Panicking.

> Also, connecting it to Ubuntu 9.4 to transfer the files (I do not
> have the wifi option) does not work so regardless the functionality of the
> release, due to battery life, it is still not reliable.

When you connect the phone via USB and configure the interface make sure you
can ping 192.168.0.202 (I add an entry for "neo" to my /etc/hosts with that IP
to make things simple).

My Ubuntu box has the following in /etc/network/interfaces to make it work.

# freerunner (QtMoko and Qi)
allow-hotplug eth3
iface eth3 inet static
        address 192.168.0.200
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        up iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE
        up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
        down iptables -D POSTROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

No, I don't know why my box insists on renaming eth1 to eth3 for me.. ;-)

Once that works, then you should be able to do:

adb kill-server
ADBHOST=192.168.0.202 adb shell

Hopefully that will give you a shell.  Once that works you can use the adb
pull/push and install commands.

Best of luck!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP