>Now for each of yours exact problems some description on exactly what you
have done and what goes wrong makes it possible for us to help.

Please, let us go step by step, since I am a complete newbie.

On the page:* http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android_on_Freerunner*
it says:

*When you see these commands *

*adb
*

*dfu-util
*

*it is assumed that you have them installed on your system*

This is the terminal output that I get:

*r...@glitch-laptop:~# dfu-util /?*
dfu-util - (C) 2007-2008 by OpenMoko Inc.
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY  [... and so
on, I have installed DFU-UTIL long time ago using apt-get command]
*
r...@glitch-laptop:~# adb /?*
bash: adb: command not found

*r...@glitch-laptop:~# apt-get install adb*
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package adb

The synaptic package manager gives the following for "adb":
-Banner rotation module for the Roxen Challenger web server
-advertisement blocking extension for web browsers (dummy package)
-Adblock plugin for konqueror
-advertisement blocking extension for web browsers
-Extensions for Epiphany web browser
-68k Macintosh emulator
-proxy advertisement zapper add-on

Searching google for a way to setup adb, did not give any good and easy to
follow (read: understandable) results.  Therefore, for now, I am stuck at
installing adb properly.

How do I install adb?

(then, we will continue)