Hello,

* Chris Samuel <ch...@csamuel.org> wrote on [2009-09-12 12:59]:
> I was playing around with packages pulled from a friends G1 developer phone
> see if I could figure out if it was a missing dependency that was stopping
> Calendar from working (note: have good backups of your phone if you plan to
> do
> this!) and with trial and error have found that it appears to be trying to
> start the SetupWizard so it can pair your phone with a Google Account.
>
> Even with the SetupWizard installed it appears to need a 3G connection and
> not
> Wifi working to be able to do this pairing as it just keeps erroring out,
> even
> with a working Wifi link. :-(

Thanks for letting me know.  I'm a new member on this list and my
first email (which, as far as I know, didn't come through) was asking
about the calendar.

Have you tried with a wired connection?

Can you tell me where you found the setupwizard?  Also (something I
only just found, haven't looked at it much yet) have you seen:
http://www.webnetta.com/2009/01/11/how-to-register-the-t-mobile-g1-without-a-sim-or-data-plan/
?

Best,

Menno

------------------------ Let's make some fruit salad today (Uh huh uh)
- Menno van Zaanen     - It's fun to do it the healthy way (Uh huh uh)
- mvzaa...@uvt.nl      - Take all the fruit that you want to eat
- ilk.uvt.nl/~mvzaanen - It's gonna be a fruit salad treat!