Hello,

* Chris Samuel <ch...@csamuel.org> wrote on [2009-09-14 14:21]:
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:24:12 pm Menno van Zaanen wrote:
> > Have you tried with a wired connection?
>
> Nope, I think you can try and run PPP with ADB but I didn't see the point if
> had an already working WiFi connection.
>
> > Can you tell me where you found the setupwizard?
>
> On my friends G1 phone. ;-)

That's not extremely helpful :)

> > Also (something I only just found, haven't looked at it much yet) have you
> > seen:
> > http://www.webnetta.com/2009/01/11/how-to-register-the-t-mobile-g1-without-
> > a-sim-or-data-plan/ ?
>
> Yup, but that's not necessary with these ports, asides from setting the
> provisioned setting (to receive calls) which is documented here:
>
>  http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android_on_Freerunner#cupcake_snapshot_v14-15

Just to give some background, I'm a newbie trying to get
Android+freerunner to do what I like it to do.

I've been using the Koolu distribution (which is different from the
cupcake ones?).  How would that change things?

With respect to the calendar, I get a "Waiting for sync  Your events
will appear shortly." message when I start the Calendar and that's it.

Is there a way to easily look at exactly what's in the distribution
(like having a local copy so I can find, grep, etc)?  I wouldn't mind
looking at the code to see whether I can get the calendar to do
something more than just showing the message and then giving up.

Best,

Menno