Lars Lindholm wrote:
Jim Ancona wrote:
Hi all,

After the discussion that Serdar kicked off last week, I though I'd
try to keep the momentum by getting a cupcake release out and some of
the tools in place to get an active community going around the
project.

So I'm glad to announce a new Android Cupcake release for Freerunner!
It's basically a merge of the Koolu code with Michael Trimarchi's
enhancements and a few bug fixes and cosmetic things I've added. You
can download it at our new Google Code site:

http://android-on-freerunner.googlecode.com/files/android-on-freerunner-cupcake-0.1.zip

Installation instructions are the same as for the recent Koolu betas:

- Unpack the files on to a FAT formatted SD card.
- Insert card into the Freerunner, and boot from NOR menu (hold AUX
key, then power)
- Choose Boot from SD Card (FAT and ext2)

The automated install process should begin. It installs the Qi
bootloader, reboots, the kernel, reboots, then installs the system
image.

*NOTE:* This install process overwrites *everything* on the NAND in
the phone, including the bootloader. If this is not what you would
like to do, please don't install this release! We'd love to have an SD
card installer, if someone would like to contribute it.

The Google Code site includes a bug tracker. We've got a couple bugs
added already. Please add any others you find. The code for the
release is hosted at Gitorious, because Google Code doesn't support
Git. The consensus of the discussions here seemed to be that we should
have our own mailing list, so I've also created one at Google Groups.
The URL to join it is below.

I'd really like this to become a real community project, so please
help by contributing what you can. Not money, but bug reports (or even
better, bug reports with patches), other code, or documentation. We
have a wiki at the Google Code site. Anyone who would like to create
content for it, please contact me and I'll add you to the project.

I hope we can create a vibrant community around Android on Freerunner,
and that you can help!

Jim Ancona

Google Code site: http://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/
Git repository: http://gitorious.org/android-on-freerunner
Okay I see, that I don't need to do something.
Good work!

Any chance for a release where I flash the freerunner with dfu-utils? The big advantage of flashing manually as I see it, is that I don't need to crack the phone open each time to get the sd-card out. So if it is simple to fix I would like that possibility.

larlin
Download the zip (why zip??) and flash the system.img file.
It should work, because it's a yaffs2 or jaffs2 file.

Greeting Serdar