How about making AolServer nothing more than a TEA-compliant extension?  Maybe
we could create an "ns_main" command that created a thread that did all the
AolServer stuff (i.e., listen on sockets, create connection pools, etc. etc.)
and just run it in tclsh.

I never looked at TEA close enough to know if that's a ridiculous idea...

-Jim