So, if shared channels are a "hack", that is not thread-safe, and maybe
create crashes, what is the future of the "ns_chan" command ?

As I need a shared channel feature for a client's site, if the ns_chan
command is dropped from the AS4.0 release, I will make the command available
from a module (.. by releasing nssharechannel 2.0 module).

If "ns_chan" will be part of the AS4.0 release, we can warn developers this
is an "experimental" command.

So 2 solutions :

1/ Keep AS4.0 secure and stable : drop ns_chan command, and allow
developpers who need it to use a module "at their own risk".
2/ put "ns_chan" into the AS4.0 release and remind developers that this
feature may crash the server...

What's the AOLserver core team opinion on this subject ?

Best Regards

Jean-Fabrice RABAUTE
Core Services - Enjoy the future today
http://www.core-services.fr