On Feb 28, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Jeff Rogers wrote:

Alexey Pechnikov wrote:
I did try to use nssqlite module but get segmentation fault errors. In AOL server 4.0.10
# tail -f /var/log/aolserver4/offline.sid.mobigroup.ru.log
“db_foreach “select value from session” {
alloc: invalid block: 0xb4cf5378: 78 b4 20
AOL server 4.5 doesn't work with PostgreSQL (nspostgres module produce segmentation faults of AOL) and I can't use this. I did read code nspostgres and didn't find any problems... but this code doesn't work. I'm work with PostgreSQL 8.1 because PostgreSQL 8.3 in debian lenny has datatype errors.

Did you rebuild nspostgres against 4.5 (or better yet, cvs HEAD)? I'm fairly certain that I've used nspostgres with 4.5.

nspostgres works fine with both aolserver 4.0.10 and 4.5. It's used in production at education sites with tens of thousands of users running aolserver/postgres-based e-learning software.

So Jeff's suggestion of rebuilding against 4.5 is a good one.

What kind of datatype errors are you getting in PG 8.3 in debian lenny? I use PG 8.3 w/o problems, but must admit I've built mine from source.
----
Don Baccus
http://donb.photo.net
http://birdnotes.net