On 9-May-09, at 2:46 PM, Tom Jackson wrote:
On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 14:14 -0700, Jeff Hobbs wrote:
You mention
incompatibilities - what are they?  It should be 100% upwards
compatible, though it has new features. However, it isn't necessarily
100% compatible on the date scan detection, since 8.4- was always
guess-heuristic based, while 8.5 is more deterministic.

I was referring to 8.4.x compared to 8.5.x, not just [clock]. I was
thinking that if you upgrade to 8.5.x you needed to do a code review, is
this not necessary?

Minor version updates should be compatible in Tcl. There is the rare case of taking what was an error condition and doing something else, but if you aren't relying on some undocumented private behavior, a code review isn't required (unless you want to take advantage of newer features).

Jeff