Per Tunedal <per.tune...@operamail.com>
writes:

> No,
> that doesn't work either. I get:
>
> Tengo dos *fruser@computer:~$

:(

Then I'm at my wits' end. Anyone?

> I have a desktop installation of Debian where I have installed Apertium
> with Synaptic. It works as expected,
> with one exception:
>
> If I put an exclamation mark after a sentence I get:
>
> !": Event not found
>
> (The same happens in my server installation.)

Yeah, that's not Apertium-related. Bash interprets ! as a special symbol
even within "-quotes, so you'll get that even with just

$ echo "J'ai deux frères!"

You can use

$ echo "J'ai deux frères"'!'

instead (ie. you can follow "-quotes by '-quotes, and so on), but the
safest general method is to put the text into a file.

-Kevin