Diogo

*De: *Mikel L. Forcada <mailto:m...@dlsi.ua.es>
*Enviado: *20 de abril de 2020 09:24
*Para: *apertium-stuff@lists.sourceforge.net <mailto:apertium-stuff@lists.sourceforge.net> *Assunto: *[Apertium-stuff] Fwd: Announcing a multilingual COVID-19 health and safety poster-maker

Dear Apertiumers:

Translation Commons is seeking help to get a COVID-19 health poster translated into as many languages as possible.

If you would like to help, please check the information Fran and I got from Jeannette Stewart.

Thank you very much.

Mikel

-------- Missatge reenviat --------

*Assumpte: *

Announcing a multilingual COVID-19 health and safety poster-maker

*Data: *

Sun, 19 Apr 2020 15:54:50 -0700

*De: *

Jeannette Stewart <jeanne...@translationcommons.org> <mailto:jeanne...@translationcommons.org>

*A: *

Mikel L. Forcada <m...@dlsi.ua.es> <mailto:m...@dlsi.ua.es>, Francis Tyers <fty...@prompsit.com> <mailto:fty...@prompsit.com>

Dear Mikel and Francis,

I hope you can help with a vital and timely project?

Translation Commons has made a multilingual *poster-maker *to help language communities all over the world receive important *health and safety guidelines* from the World Health Organization to combat the *Coronavirus pandemic*.

We are excited to disseminate these posters as soon as possible to communities around the world. The poster-maker is pre-populated with word-prompts derived from the Panlex database in over 6,000 languages. If a translation doesn't exist in any language at least the word prompts along with the icons will help those communities get the correct message.

You can view the public Covid 19 Multilingual Poster-Maker <https://translationcommons.org/covid19multilingual/>

Please help us reach the speakers of as many languages as possible by adding your languages and/or forwarding this email to your contacts, and asking them to follow the instructions below in order to create a poster with an accurate, *complete translation of 7 phrases* from English into their language.

Contributors, please use this edit link : https://translationcommons.org/covid-19multilingual/?edit&official

to open and edit the poster and:

  * Enter your language’s name or ISO code into the text box at the
    top of the poster, and select the appropriate language from the
    list of suggestions. The poster will auto-fill with initial
    translations, or single-word prompts if nothing else is available.
  * *Edit the poster title, the word for “language”, and the five
    instructions*below it so that they contain complete and accurate
    translations.
  * Enter your name and email at the bottom of the poster so we can
    thank you and add you to our contributors.
  * *Enter the code “**tcpl**” into the small box below the email
    field and click the save icon.*This causes your translations to be
    saved and available to others.
  * After saving, you can print the poster or share it through social
    media by using the buttons at the bottom.
  * If the content is already displayed correctly in your language, it
    means it has been translated by someone else. If you disagree with
    the translation please email me with your version and explanation.

Please only share with your contacts that you feel can best contribute.

Thank you, and let me know if you have any questions.

With appreciation,

Jeannette

Twitter: https://twitter.com/COVID19Multling,

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/COVID19Multilingual/

Jeannette Stewart

Founder, Translation Commons

"Stop Coronavirus" Poster *_Do The Five <https://translationcommons.org/covid19multilingual/>_*

1.Wash hands, 2.Cough in elbow, 3.Don't touch your face, 4.Keep distance, 5.Stay home

*/Translate them in your language/*

The slogan is designed to generate industry awareness and is free to copy or download from Translation Commons <https://translationcommons.org>

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Sem vírus. www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Mikel L. Forcada  http://www.dlsi.ua.es/~mlf/
Departament de Llenguatges i Sistemes Informàtics
Universitat d'Alacant
E-03690 Sant Vicent del Raspeig
Spain
Office: +34 96 590 9776