Hello David,

We only use the screw in anchors on our trellis structures when they are
needed.  We have very similar soil types to you here in Northwest New Jersey.
Years ago we tried the drive in duck bills and they easily pulled out of the
soil and did not work.  I just don't think that there is enough surface area
under the ground to withstand the force that they must withstand.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Best,

Kurt

Kurt W. Alstede
General Manager,