Yes, first saw it in nectarine mid-September two years ago. Very ripe, but
intact fruit still on trees. SWD love damaged peaches, try to get them all
picked before they get too soft. I was in a peach orchard recently where
the grower had too many peaches to sell. Many soft ones left on trees, and
many on ground -- loaded with SWD. This year has been like nothing I've
ever seen with these little guys...

Jon

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Glen Koehler <glen.koeh...@maine.edu>
wrote:

> Case in Maine that appears to be SWD attack on intact peaches without
> splits or other prior wounds.  These peaches were ripening on the tree but
> not over-ripe and no splits etc. for easy drosophila oviposition without
> having to cut through skin.  Until now it seemed that SWD could only lay
> eggs in peaches with pre-existing wound.  Have other folks seen SWD
> infestation of intact peaches?
>

> Glen Koehler
> University of Maine Cooperative Extension
> Pest Management Office
> Voice:  Office 207-581-3882 <(207)%20581-3882>,   Cell  207-485-0918
> <(207)%20485-0918>
> 491 College Avenue, Orono, ME  04473
> UMaine Apple IPM https://extension.umaine.edu/ipm/programs/apple/
> Ag-Radar https://extension.umaine.edu/ipm/ag-radar-apple-sites
> *Our Changing Climate: It's Real, It's Us, It's Bad, Experts Agree. T**here's
> Hope*

JMCEXTMAN
Jon Clements
cleme...@umext.umass.edu