Sorry, I forgot to attach this

http://www.umass.edu/fruitadvisor/factsheets/limbposit.pdf

Mo Tougas

On Mar 10, 2009, at 6:58 PM, jscr...@aol.com wrote:

My experience is that in Virginia Spys are late producers. Scoring really works. There are more and less severe scoring, you might want to try several types on some limbs. The least severe is one cut around the trunk under the scaffold limps. The most severe would be to remove about 1/8 inch section. Some remove a larger section and replace it upside down. It is most important to cover any such wound to keep it from drying and from fire blight. I have used several layers of masking tape. It will come off by itself later. One or two weeks after bloom is when I have made the scoring.
Good luck, you can really get their attention with scoring.
John Crumlpacker
Timberville, Virginia
540 896 6000
In a message dated 3/10/2009 4:00:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, schoo...@kwic.com writes: Would someone care to divulge a recipe for getting slow-to-bear varieties into production sooner. I have Northern Spy in mind using Ethrel or NAA or combinations. Apogee perhaps. Other techniques?

Harold Schooley

Orchards Limited

Simcoe, Ontario

Canada

Need a job? Find employment help in your area.