On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:51:02 +0200 (MET DST), Bernie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> if three people can't keep things on
> topic there's no wonder there's sometimes very much OT material on the
> mailinglists. Hmm... perhaps I'm worse, I always tend to go OT in some way
> - this is OT isn't it? ;-)

  I have tossed this up on AVA, and would like input from other users
of the list...
  For myself (and others?) the list is a big message board. Scan the
Inbox and view the topics of interest and trash the others. Perhaps for
many purposes a MessBoard would be better?
  Though some do have trouble with the web, I believe the interface, if
properly designed, would require fewer bytes.
  For example... A web page displaying all topics less than
[user input] days old. Checkboxes next to each displayed topic. Check
the desired ones and hit enter. A script could then generate a streamlined
download... Rather than 30-40 e-mails a day, whether of interest or not.
  Who could write such a script? hmmm...
Maybe AVA could use a new page? hehe <G>

                       - Pete Randolph -
                 - Morristown Corners, Vermont -