Hello Hoody:

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:22:22 +1000, you wrote:

> On 9 Aug 2000, at 1:25, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:

>> For the benefit of those who are not aware, this is a moderated list.

> Isn't a moderated list one that every single message that gets sent
> to it goes to a moderator who then decides whether or not to let it
> go to the rest of the group?

Not necessarily.  With many moderated lists anything goes until the
list owner starts receiving complaints about a particular member.

>> I remember an incident that occurred a couple of years ago in which
>> the list moderator kicked a subscriber off the list.

> AFAIK this person is called the list owner, who has control over
> things like this.

You are right.  "list moderator" is not a good word combination.  Not
a good phrase at all.  Sorry about that.

All the best,

Sam Heywood

-- This mail sent by Arachne, www graphical browser for DOS
-- Visit the Arachne DOS Browser Home Page, http://home.arachne.cz