Adam, thank you much for answering my 'Mapnik' question. I started a new
thread since it is no longer a 'Mapnik' issue.

I was able to install dependences and did steps 1 - 4 in
https://arches4.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation/. But I stumbled on
#5 (Create a new Arches project). According to the document, the command
for Windows is:

python C:\Projects\ENV\Scripts\arches-project create my_project

But when I run it as it is, I get this error:

C:\Projects>python C:\Projects\ENV\Scripts\arches-project create my_project
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Projects\ENV\Scripts\arches-project", line 2, in <module>
    import arches
ImportError: No module named arches

I suspect this command has to be run from the virtual environment *((ENV)
C:\Projects>python c:\projects\env\scripts\arches-project create my_project*).
But when I do, I get this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\projects\env\scripts\arches-project", line 137, in <module>
    main()
  File "c:\projects\env\scripts\arches-project", line 131, in main
    COMMANDS[args.command](args)
  File "c:\projects\env\scripts\arches-project", line 58, in
command_create_app
    subprocess.call(bower_install.split(), shell=False)
  File "c:\python27\Lib\subprocess.py", line 168, in call
    return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
  File "c:\python27\Lib\subprocess.py", line 390, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "c:\python27\Lib\subprocess.py", line 640, in _execute_child
    startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
(ENV) C:\Projects>

Thank you,
Viktor