Hi Bastien,

Glad to hear that you've been able to load concepts and some data.  I
looked at your trace and it seems that you may not have downloaded Arches
branch library.  I'm not sure why you were unable to load some of the other
models in the disco_data repo.  I'll have to look at the trace more
carefully.

As for the maps, the disco_data registers map services from Mapbox.  Mapbox
is just one of many services that Arches can use to display basemaps (its
not required, but we think its provides very nice maps!).  If you want to
use the Mapbox map services you'll need to register obtain a token (both
are free).  Note that you can use ESRI and many other map services if you
prefer.

We also use MapZen and Bing geocoding services.  You'll need a key for each
service if you want to power Arches geocoder with these providers (both
Microsoft and Mapzen provide free keys).

Once you have the tokens you need, add the following lines to your
settings_local.py file:

# links to sprites and glyphs for use on map
MAPBOX_SPRITES = "mapbox://sprites/mapbox/basic-v9"
MAPBOX_GLYPHS = "mapbox://fonts/mapbox/{fontstack}/{range}.pbf"

# bounds for search results hex binning fabric
HEX_BIN_BOUNDS = (-0.6222,53.18,-0.4925,53.3)

# size to use for hex binning search results on map (in km)
HEX_BIN_SIZE = 0.20
# binning uses elasticsearch GeoHash grid aggregation.
# precision for binning is set based on GeoHash precision, see this table:
#
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-aggregations-bucket-geohashgrid-aggregation.html#_cell_dimensions_at_the_equator
# high precision binning may result in performance issues.
HEX_BIN_PRECISION = 8

MAPBOX_API_KEY = 'put your key here between the single quotes'
GEOCODING_PROVIDERS = [
   {'name': 'Bing', 'api_key':'put your key here between the single
quotes', 'id':'BingGeocoder'},
   {'name': 'MapZen', 'api_key':'put your key here between the single
quotes', 'id':'MapzenGeocoder'},
]

Note the lines referring to HEX_BIN.  Arches assumes that you'll want to
aggregate search results, and these values are good starting places for the
disco_data dataset.

Hope this all helps,

Dennis