Hi Ashish,

That worked, thank you!!

Just for reference, below are the steps I took for getting a custom Project
set up on Arches v5 when using Docker. The instructions at
https://github.com/archesproject/arches/tree/master/docker#setting-up-your-own-arches-project

were helpful but did not work for me.

   - 1. Clone Arches v5 files from https://github.com/archesproject/arches
   to your computer using Git
   - 2. Modify the Docker Compose file:
      - Under service 'arches', set the image name to something like
      yourlastname/arches:5.0. This will be built in a moment.
      - Under service 'arches', set ARCHES_PROJECT environment variable:
      environment:
             - ARCHES_PROJECT=my_project
   - Under service 'arches', set DJANGO_MODE=DEV
   - 3. Make two modifications to docker/entrypoint.sh:
      - Comment out line 221: #[[ -d ${APP_FOLDER} ]] || mkdir
      ${APP_FOLDER}
      - Comment out a part of line 223: arches-project create
      ${ARCHES_PROJECT} #--directory ${ARCHES_PROJECT}
   - 4. Build the Arches image using 'docker-compose build'. You can verify
   this after with 'docker image ls'.
   - 5. Start Arches with a custom Project with 'docker-compose up'. If
   this step fails, then try 'docker-compose down -v' (warning: erases volumes
   and containers), then 'docker-compose up'. Sometimes I had to run 'docker
   system prune' first.
   - 6. Open web browser at http://localhost (served by NGINX) or
   http://localhost:8000 (served by Django)

At step 6, you may note that media files are missing from Arches. Those
will need to be added to the my_project (in the container) possibly by
copying from arches/app/media.
Then it needs to be communicated to Django or NGINX where they are so that
they can be served. This is still on my to-do list.

OPTIONAL step: Under service arches, set bind-mount
./docker/entrypoint.sh:/web_root/entrypoint.sh. For this you may also need
to open up permissions to the entrypoint.sh file with command chmod (on
Linux machines).

Issues:

If I add this line under volumes in the Docker Compose file's 'arches'
service ...

    volumes:
    - ./my_project:/web_root/my_project

... running 'docker-compose up' will result into a Django server error. I
still need to figure out how to bind-mount the Project files to my dev
environment.

Markus