Hi Markus,

I'm glad it worked out

Regarding step 6:

As mentioned in
https://github.com/archesproject/arches/tree/master/docker#running-in-dev-mode
you can bypass the Nginx service and access your Arches service through
http://localhost:8000

If you want to access Arches service via Nginx http://localhost , first you
need to collect the static files from the project so that Nginx could find
it:

- There's a named volume defined in the docker-compose file which takes
cares of the communication of the static files between Arches and Nginx, in
order to collect static you can exec the Arches container by:

[image: image.png]

*docker exec -it <container id/container name> bash*

 Activate the virtual environment:

*source ../ENV/bin/activate*

*cd to the  custom_project folder*

*python manage.py collectstatic* ( This copies tons of files to the static
folder specified in the )

Regarding your issue:

You can follow the steps mentioned in
https://github.com/archesproject/arches/tree/master/docker#setting-up-your-own-arches-project

If the error persists then you can try this workaround :

Copy <your project name> folder from the container to host:

*Stop the arches containe*r

*docker cp  <container id/container name>:/web_root/ <your project name>
<your project name> *

Now, add this line under volumes in the Docker Compose file's 'arches'
service ... as mentioned in Step 4 of
https://github.com/archesproject/arches/tree/master/docker#setting-up-your-own-arches-project

    * volumes:*
    * - ./<your project name>:/web_root/<your project name> *

Run the container again: docker-compose up arches

Best Regards,
Ashish