Eric Crampton wrote:
"Your imagination is clearly too limited if you can't imagine
anyone who
would baldly state that they prefer the cable TV.  I
certainly prefer
spending my $67/mth on Dish Network top 100 plus HBOs plus
locals plus
built-in TIVO to sending the money off to save an arbitrarily
large number
of children in a foreign country.  If I didn't have that rank
ordering of
preferences, I'd get rid of the Dish."

-- I listed as one possibility that people are ashamed to
admit their preferences.  I feel the same way as you do, but
I am not sure all people think like that.  Some probably
actually care about saving lives instead of having HBO, but
for some reason do not act on that preference- I don't know
why, though.

Jason

Jason