Hi,

it's hard to say what causing this, but if you see it in several
samples at the same location, then my immediate thought is that you
reference signal may carry it.  Are you using the average of the pool
of all samples as a reference or how do you calculate it?   How many
samples to you have in your reference pool?  CN polymorphic regions
that are frequent enough in your population could cause this, but then
it should be a real biological signal, which you say it isn't.

Are you using the full or the default GenomeWideSNP_6 CDF?  Affymetrix
removed several CN loci from the former to make the latter - CN loci
that they found to be poor for CN analysis.  This could also be a
reason though those loci should be scattered fairly randomly along the
genome.

You could also check if there is a difference between the signals from
SNPs and CN loci.  If there is, that would indicate that there is some
artifacts on the arrays.

Also, are you really sure you are using the correct annotation data?
For instance, if you use the full CDF to generate the data, but only
the default for extracting genome locations (assuming the same
ordering of row indices), such weird things may show up.  If you plot
your data using the ChromosomeExplorer, this should be taken care of
automatically.

Also, do some QC plots using ArrayExplorer; there might be spatial
artifacts, although it sounds unlikely.

Sorry, not much help, but at least some directions for
troubleshooting.

/Henrik