Thank you for the reply. I  actually need to get the log2 copy number ratios
form the raw .cel files of a GenomeWideSNP6.0 array - I was using CRMA1 but
am now repeating the analysis using CRMA v2.
I am putting all of the different tumour types either matched or unmatched
with a germline sample in the same directory and all the normal samples in
another directory.
I will then go through the processes of qulaity assesment, calibration
crosstalk, normalization for probe sequence effect, probe summarization, and
normalization of PCR fragment length effects.

Do I need to calculate the raw copy numbers and turn these into log2 copy
numbers?
How would I then calculate the copy numbers for
1. Unpaired tumour samples - will need to be compared to a pooled reference
from a particular tumpur type
2. Paired samples?

Many thanks for your help