Thanks Mark,
Using the core cdfs for both human and mouse I still get a few
probesets with NaN values but indeed they have 1 probe per probeset
only. I was wondering also from what probe values the MAD statistic is
computed that is used to scale the residuals and compute the FIRMA
scores. The FIRMA paper does not say this clearly. Is it from the exon
probes or is it from the transcript probes.
I have seen the http://aroma-project.org/node/81 message and I can see
there that the scaling factor (variable u.mad) is a constant for the
entire dataset (whole samples and whole transcripts and whole exons)
therefore I am not sure I understand how this scaling makes the scores
comparable between exons and transcripts.

Thanks,
Adi