Hi

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM, rahul <v.rahul.sim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Henrik,
>
> I am trying to generate a custom CDF file for HuEx-1.0-st-v2, I am
> having trouble generating the actual StartPosition and StopPosition.
> Does, Aroma package makes use of these values while processing
> the .cel files?
>
> [Unit2315101]
> Name=NONE
> Direction=1
> NumAtoms=4
> NumCells=4
> UnitNumber=2315101
> UnitType=3
> NumberBlocks=1
>
> [Unit2315101_Block1]
> Name=2315101
> BlockNumber=1
> NumAtoms=4
> NumCells=4
> StartPosition=3779394   <======
> StopPosition=3779397   <======
> CellHeader=X    Y       PROBE   FEAT    QUAL    EXPOS   POS     CBASE   PBASE
>   TBASE   ATOM    INDEX
> CODONIND        CODON   REGIONTYPE      REGION

I'm quite sure that 'StartPosition' and 'StopPosition' are *not* part
of the Affymetrix CDF file format, that is, a CDF file cannot hold
such extra information.  In order words, even if you try to put it in
a CDF file in text format as above, it will be ignored by an CDF file
parsers, including the ones converting text CDFs into binary CDFs.

/Henrik