Actually, if there are regular CEL files outputted, and assuming
they're not non-supported multi-channel CEL files, then it might not
be an impossible task.  There is still a need for a CDF though, but
people have built CDF for Affymetrix chiptypes that don't official
have CDFs.

First question that comes to mind is whether the two CEL files are
coming from a single hybridization/chip, or two separate
hybridizations/chips.  If from a single one, then one could imagine
creating a virtual chip where one start by merging the data from the
two CEL files into one bigger CEL file.  Likewise, one can then create
one CDF file for this virtual file.  From there, low-level affxparser
should be able to parse both the CEL and the CDF just as for any
regular chip type.

This are just the first few baby-step thoughts, but it is possible
that this chip type could be brought into the Aroma framework with
some work.

/Henrik

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 12:33 AM, Michael Baudis <mbau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This doesn't sound good. It makes Oncoscan unusable for research projects.
>
> Michael.
>
> On 11 Nov 2015, at 23:40, Keith C <keithchi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From what I understand, the OncoScan assay has a different capture method
> but in the end still involves hybridization to probes on a chip.
> The output is two CEL files, A and C which represent AT and GC.  Using their
> oncoscan software, it combines the two CEL files into a .OSCHP file
> which you can process with DNA Nexus.  One advantage is that they have
> precharacterized normal diploid cells so that a hapmap reference sample is
> no longer required.  However, the process is a pain and involves a lot of
> manual interface clicking, file matching, and manual generation of images.
> I have not found a way to simply export the segmentation data.  I was told
> by Affy that OncoScan does not use a CDF file, but rather a PGR.CLF file.
> I'm trying
> to get a hold of one to see what the difference is and if its convertable
> into CDF format.
>
> What I mainly want is a chromosome explorer type output of
> 1. images of all chromosomes for all samples.  (that's 24 plots by hand per
> sample using Nexus )
> 2. segmentation file including non-cnv altered segments.  Currently Nexus
> only outputs regions of significance.

> ---
> Google Groups "aroma.affymetrix" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit