On 5/6/2010 9:15 PM India Time, _Jahanzeb_ wrote:

> Could not get this discussion. Does it mean Tamil version is not about behne
> de (flowing with water) ?? What does Usuru Poguthe mean? And also how this
> song is about fire?? can anyone elabore on this??
>
> /Jahanzeb

dear Jahanzeb

 From srini's blog, these are the lyrics and translations BY SRINI:

Usurae Poguthey - Ravanan
Intha Bhoomiyila Eppa Vanthu Nee Porantha
En Buthikula Theeporiya Nee Vethacha
Adi Thaeku Mara kaadu Perusuthaan
Chinna Theekuchi Osaram Sirusuthaan

[You planted a spark in my mind
the moment you were born on this earth
The teak wood forest is huge and
the size of the match stick is small]

Adi Thaeku Mara Kaadu Perusuthaan
Chinna Theekuchi Osaram Sirusuthaan
Oru Theekuchi Vizhunthu Pudikuthadi
Karunthaekumara Kaadu Vedikuthadi

ye[The teak wood forest is huge and
the size of the match stick is small
The match stick falls on the ground and ignite
And the teak wood forest bursts into flames]

--

The beginning is great and indeed better and "clearer" than the hindi
version.

while hindi version gets confused - it talks about water (behne de),
then it switches to tear drop from eye, then it again switches to
chingari jala koi, and, aag laga zara, then it again swings to sehra
ki pyaas bujha that is water, then it remains on water asking clouds
to rain so much as to dissolve, and I wonder how would he float on
water after getting dissolved.

But, Tamil version, speaks clearly and unwaveringly about fire. forest
is huge and matchstick is small, and, match stick falls on the ground,
is conveying the hesitation and doubt of a person very well.

but, then, the tamil version takes an about turn, and becomes a
sensuous love song:

Oosurae Poguthey Oosurae Poguthey
Odatha Nee Kondam Suzhikayila
Oooo Maaman Thavikiraen, Madipicha Kaekaraen
Manasathaadi En Manikuyilae
Akkarai Cheemaiyil Nee Irunthum
Aiviral Theenditha Nenaikuthadi
Agini Pazhamunu Therinjirunthum
Adikadi Naaku Thudikuthadi

[It’s kills me when I see you squeeze your lips
Oh dear, I’m begging you to give me your heart
Even though you are on the other side of the shore
My fingers yearn to touch you
My tongue yearns to taste you even though
It knows that you are a ball of fire]
--

I didn't read the lyrics any further. Such a beautiful opening
deteriorated to an ordinary love song. It still seems not the problem

May be there is no problem when we see the film, it might all make sense.
--
Rawat