I wonder if a good approach to that - the legacy data - would be to
define a separate Company for the old tickets (using the old CTI) so
that we can isolate them from the new tickets and new CTIs. We currently
plan to create separate "companies" for each distributed support area so
that they can have their own CTI, plus one or two companies for students
(we may still split UNT campus students from Health Science Center
students). This would make the legacy data available without all of the
CTI baggage. If I keep the same Assignment Group names, that should give
current IT staff access to their old tickets in the legacy company
space, right?

We still think we will be doing well to cut over to ITSM 7 from Help
Desk 5.5 by Spring Break or thereabouts. We are reactivating our
original Remedy steering committee in order to get the "business" input
from all of our customer groups for the configuration process. This
still assumes minimal customization to the Incident, Problem, and Change
applications as opposed to what we did to Help Desk 5.5!! We are
expecting to see a lot of unintended consequences - the kind that force
process changes - from the various configuration settings that will have
to be tested, discussed, and dealt with before we can put this
application set into production.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://remedy.unt.edu/