ARS 6.3 patch 16
Solaris SunOS 5.10
Java SDK 1.4.2_07

I'm having a problem.

I connect using IMAP4 to a Microsoft 365 server to download my email.  I've
been using this method for a couple of years now without problems.  Prior
to that, I had been using MBOX.  I have been supporting this server for 7
years now and not once have I loaded a certificate for SSL.

On Wednesday evening, my server stopped downloading email from Office 365.
In the aremaild.sh_log file, I see the following error:

Oct 19, 2015 7:55:27 AM com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore protocolConnect
SEVERE: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate
found;
  nested exception is:
        javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
javax.mail.MessagingException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
No trusted certificate found;
  nested exception is:
        javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
        at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:303)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:233)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:134)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.initializeIncommingMailbox(ReceiverModule.java:1687)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.initialization(ReceiverModule.java:470)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.doWork(ReceiverModule.java:170)
        at com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:268)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

 Microsoft has said that they have not made any changes on their end.  My
UNIX team tells me no changes have been made there (and I believe them).

I've done quite a few searches against these errors.  Everything seems to
be pointing to a certificate issue on my end.  But I'm not really sure
exactly what I need to do to update it.  From what I can tell, I need to
make the change to the cacerts file at:  /usr/java142_07/jre/lib/security.
I'm afraid the instructions for updating or creating these certs are a bit
hazy.  And the manual from Remedy is next to useless (due to the multiple
methodologies to do this thing).  Could somebody point me in the right
direction?  Do I need a cert from Microsoft?  Or is this something I need
to get from somewhere else?

Warren R. Baltimore II
Remedy Developer
410-533-5367