Hi,

But if Assignee and Submitter (and Public) has Read access to the fields #1
and #2, no one except and Administrator can change that field.

The fields could be set by filters or have "allow anyone to submit" enabled.

So do you change these fields manually?

It can also be a an Active Link that sets the values of these field. The
fields will be treated as changed even if the Active Link sets it to the same
value as it originally had.

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13):