Carl,

the pre-check tool is totally bonkers. It’s reposting misleading and false
errors and does randomly so. From my experience it cannot be taken seriously in
95% cases.

This time it reported this:

Filter Correction Check

Description
In BMC Remedy AR System 8.1.02, the Ap:Alt-SetPermissions filter was introduced
in one of the hotfixes
(HF\pinatubo\CertifiedHotFixes\8.1.02\Multitenancy\SW00488367-ApprovalServer\MultiTenancy_Approval_Hotfix_81SP2).
 The same filter in 9.1.02 is included with an upper case 'P' in the form name:
AP:Alt-SetPermissions. When upgrading from 8.1.02 with that hotfix to 9.1.02,
you encounter the following error:
"ERROR RIKMain  - 382 The value(s) for this entry violate a unique index that
has been defined for this form"
The check validates the casing in the AP:Alt-SetPermissions filter name.
Type    Pre-upgrade check
Check performed and expected result
When upgrading from 8.1.02 with that hotfix to 9.1.02, the check detects a
lower case 'p' in the AP:Alt-SetPermissions filter name and displays the
following error message:
Please correct the filter name from Ap:Alt-SetPermissions to
AP:Alt-SetPermissions. Execute the following SQL statement to fix it:
UPDATE filter SET name = 'AP:Alt-SetPermissions', resolvedName =
'AP:Alt-SetPermissions' WHERE name = 'Ap:Alt-SetPermissions';
Corrective action
Execute the SQL statement provided in the preceding row to update the filter
name.
I ran this statement and of course none records were modified. So why bother?

Thomas