We have recently upgraded to 18.05 and have removed multiple staging CIs
but it never removed AST:Attribute record if Production dataset CI still
exists. I think this only occurs, if Production dataset CI is removed and
then staging gets removed, will cause AST:Attribute record to be deleted.
Not sure if the issue you are referring to exist only in 9.1.04.

Also for manually creating AST:Attribute record check for ztmpkeyword
attribute if that is null/incorrect, you cant search/see that asset in
asset management.