  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe D'Souza
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 4:19 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ITSM 7/LDAP not importing some records

**
Does this happen only with $DEFAULT$ mapped to a field or does it happen
with constant values mapped to a field? By constant values I mean if in
case we want to put a value of lets say 'x' to a field and we type x
into the value part on the import tool mapping, will it fail?

I may have to do something like that while importing people information
into CTM:People using a excel file format that BMC gave me with a few
merge filters, and they have instructed me to put constant values such
as 0000000000 in a field and PPL000000000000 in another.. I'm wondering
if I would need to define filters in order to input these values?

On a slightly related note (mass importing users from external sources),
has anyone else used that utility that comes with 2 def files:
1) PeopleDataLoad.def
2) PeopleDataLoad_APS.def (optional if you have the approval server
installed)

Any shortcomings using this?

One inconsistency that I noticed is that the filters defined on MERGE,
formats the phone numbers in the format +1 999 888 8888 Ext. 7777 while
the out of the box submit/modify active links if entering the data using
the administration interface formats it as 1 999 888 8888 (7777). The
outputs described happens in the event the country code is 1, Area code
is 999, Local phone is 888 8888 and Extension is 7777.

As this would bring about data to be formatted differently when
imported, I've disabled the MERGE filters that format phone, fax, pager
numbers after importing the above def files.

I was wondering if anyone has noticed any other discrepancies in these
def files if anyone else has used the same..

Rgds

Joe