And we know from experience how bug-free and security-aware all MS software
is, too!

Seriously, I use MS like most people do, but what have they ever built
themselves that was really successful?  Pretty much all of their big
moneymakers they either bought or stole from someone else.  Unless they have
done or will do so with ITSM, it will be a niche product at best, and
they'll drop it or OS it in a few years.  I know some customers who would
try it over Remedy on price alone, but people who can't discern price from
value aren't going to be your core customers anyway.

Neither BMC nor ITSM are perfect, but an application suite that uses the
ITIL framework to allow IT to show the business how to spend it's money more
wisely is the only thing that will cause IT depts to grow in relevance, and
change the perception that they are only a necessary evil, instead of the
proactive, revenue-producing units that they can - and should - be.

To get back on topic, I think a session or two to show how ITSM 7 can be
adapted to meet non-standard needs might be a welcome thing.

Rick