-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:27 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Incoming emails on Solaris + Exchange

William,

So let me make sure I get the restrictions.... No POP3 or IMAP4 (from
the Exchange server(s))... So what is "allowed"? Only MAPI?

Just some ideas...

For inbound email:

Could you setup a local mail server on the Unix side?
Could you "forward" the email from Exchange to the Unix Mail server?
(Then use POP/mbox form the local server for the Email engine?) ( or use
a procmail to ARS script?)

Outbound ....
 Is a local (unix) SMTP server ok? (or are you tied to only being able
to send from the Exchange servers?)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)