Just update your standard Midtier style sheet.  They are usually all set
to transparent.

\Program Files\AR
System\Mid-Tier\resources\standard\stylesheets\ARSystem.css

We updated ours as follows:

/* Read only state. This makes background input areas normally

 * transparent. However because active links can set a read only

 * field background colour, we will then get rid of this className

 * from the elements if there is a change in the backgroundRO color.

 *

 */

div.dfro input.text,

div.dfro input.decimal,

div.dfro input.currency,

div.dfro textarea.text,

div.dfro button.menu {

            background:#eeeeee;

}

div.dfro div.radio,

div.dfro label,

div.dfro span {

    background:transparent;

}

This will give you a nice light gray color for your read-only fields
when displayed via the browser.  We didn't update the radio, label, or
span controls because we didn't like the effect but you can tinker with
them to see what you prefer.

//SIGNED//

Craig Carter

Software Engineer, RSP