Thanks Tony!  I wish I had this slideshow earlier! ;)

We have load balancing running on top of 2 ARS server sharing one
database.  We us BipIP for our load balancing.

Tony Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
05/29/2008 01:05 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Server Group - Load Balancing Questions

**
Kelly Deaver did a great presentation at RUG on this topic and the
presentation is available on the BMC/DN site.

Load Balancing and High Availability for BMC Remedy Action Request System

http://developer.bmc.com:8080/jiveProd/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=859&externalID=2841&fromSearchPage=true

If I recall, you'll need to register and log in to view the attachment.
There are also documents and whitepapers on the BMC support/documentation
site.

>Can I put a load balancer on top of a Remedy Server Group?
Yes.

>What is the recommended load balancing technology?
There are quite a few solutions, including Alteon, F5, and many others.
Use whatever your organization is familiar with.  :-)

>Is there any special Remedy licensing to utilize Server Group technology?

Each server in the group needs an AR server license, but can share
application and user licensing.

You don't mention what version, but I would recommend 7.1

--
Tony Worthington
Sr. Technical Analyst

"Wilson, Bruce B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
05/29/2008 12:56 PM

Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Server Group - Load Balancing Questions

**
I read about specifying the ?Share? option when specifying the AR System
database when installing AR System Server.
I want to use the ?Share? option to configure two Remedy servers to reside
in a Remedy Server Group.

Can I put a load balancer on top of a Remedy Server Group?
What is the recommended load balancing technology?
Is there anything that is not allowed?  We are considering using ?Windows
Load Balancer?.

Is there any special Remedy licensing to utilize Server Group technology?

Thanks,
Bruce Wilson
Datastream Consulting, LLC

html___