From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Thad K Esser
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:32 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: popup on mid-tier login

**
Gary,

We haven't started working with the 7.x mid-tier yet, but will soon, so I've
been following your thread.  I'm not an html/java expert, but shouldn't that
code result in a 1x1 pixel window in the upper far right of the screen?
( http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/linking/linking_famsupp_120.html )

      var top = 0;
      var left = screen.width;
      var testWin =
window.open('PopupTest.jsp','PopupTest','width=1,height=1,left=' + left +
',top=' + top +
',scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,menubars=no,location=no,status=no,titlebar=no');

Your screen shot wasn't for a 1x1 window.  Did you resize it before posting, or
am I not understanding the code?  Maybe that's why BMC felt it was an
acceptable pop-up test (because the user should never see the window)?

Thanks,
Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard Bach

"Gary Opela (Corporate)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

06/11/2008 01:07 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

cc

Subject

Re: popup on mid-tier login

**
Yeah, after finding out what it does, I can see the need for it. I just wish
there was some other way to check for a popup blocker other than sending a
popup.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP
Remedy Engineer
Leader Communications, Inc.
http://www.5pointleader.com
http://www.lcibest.com
Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM
An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI(r) Level 3 Rated Company