http://itsm.unt.edu/

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richard Copits
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:41 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: I'm almost there....

**

First, a sincere thanks to everyone for their patience, tolerance, help

and suggestions during my journey through the wonderful wonderland

of Remedy 7x installation and configuration...

Todays test of my ability to decode the obscure happened during the

installation of the SLM module. I got an error message about something

called "BMC_SLM_JAVA_HOME" not being set as an environment

variable. I'm assuming  that this is a system variable in the control
panel,

system properties, advanced, environment variables area and NOT
someplace

in AR.CFG or some other obscure XML file. Before I change anything which

if I'm wrong might render 3 days of work totally trashed I thought I'd
ask

the experts. Am I correct in my assuming that I need to put it in as a
SYSTEM

environment variable and give it the path to some module (???) in Java?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Portions of this message may be confidential under an exemption to
Ohio's public records law or under a legal privilege. If you have
received this message in error or due to an unauthorized transmission or
interception, please delete all copies from your system without
disclosing, copying, or transmitting this message.

html___