From: Joe DeSouza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: Can't install ARS 7.1 on SLES 10

**
 James,

Thats because of a bug in the arsystem install script.. open that script
and there is a line that declares the minimum solaris version.. change
that from 5.10 to one version lower than what you are at, and rerun the
install..

For some reason the installation script interpretes 5.10 as 5.1 which is
why it quits the install with that error. I had faced a similar error
while installing ARS 6.3 on Solars a few years ago and thats exactly
what I did to tweak the script and force it to work..

HOWEVER, make sure that the version of Solaris you are on is compatible
to ARS 7.1 before performing that tweak..

Hope this helps ya..

Cheers

Joe D'Souza
Remedy Developer / Consultant,