Raido,

The  template should be applied to the incident when the incident is created.
This is done via a filter. If you had your categorizations fields populated on
the incident template, then these fields should be populated on the incident
form when instantiated.

Do you have any fields on the incident filled in via the template?

Did you upgrade from a previous version of SRM? There is a bug when an upgrade
was done, that the SRD question mappings or template values would not get
applied to SRD's created in older versions of SRM.

Saby