Hi Alexander-
Thanks a lot for the help!  We got that bit in and are a bit further along now,
but when logging in  with domain credentials now we see the following errors in
the midtier logs:

Dec 15, 2008 8:33:09 AM com.remedy.arsys.goat.GoatException <init>
FINE: Throw ARException -
MessageType: 2
MessageNum: 623
MessageText: Authentication failed
AppendedText:
MessageType: 2
MessageNum: 623
MessageText: Authentication failed
AppendedText:
Dec 15, 2008 8:33:09 AM com.remedy.arsys.log.Log log
WARNING: Caught GoatException
ARERR [623] Authentication failed
                at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.ServerLogin.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.ServerLogin.get(Unknown Source)
                at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.SessionData.getServerLogin(Unknown
Source)
                at com.remedy.arsys.goat.Form.getServerLogin(Unknown Source)
                at com.remedy.arsys.goat.Form.checkAccess(Unknown Source)
                at com.remedy.arsys.goat.Form.get(Unknown Source)
                at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.HomeServlet.doRequest(Unknown Source)
                at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatServlet.postInternal(Unknown
Source)
                at com.remedy.arsys.stubs.GoatHttpServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
                at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
                at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
                at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
                at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
                at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
                at
                at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
                at
                at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
                at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
                at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
                at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684)
                at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)
                at
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by:
MessageType: 2
MessageNum: 623
MessageText: Authentication failed
AppendedText:
                at com.remedy.arsys.api.Proxy.ARVerifyUser(Native Method)
                at
com.remedy.arsys.api.ARServerUser.verifyUser(ARServerUser.java:707)
                ... 26 more
Did you happen to run across this as well when you were working on it?

Thanks!
Chris Moore