I thought they highly recommend the midtier. 7.5 ?

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 22, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Kelly Deaver <kdea...@kellydeaver.com> wrote:

**
BMC did rethink to some degree. All Server Components are in one umbrella installer so you don't have to remember to download and upgrade in the rigth order. Yes, you need to go to Developer Studio if you are going to AR 7.5 but that isn't a bad thing. We always all been told to use the Administrator tools that match the server.

You could stop right there and live with it for awhile, kick the tires, be sure all is stable.

If you have the right patches installed on your 7.0.3 server, you could then upgrade CMDB (which includes a LOT of new features to the point that we now call it ATRIUM CORE because CMDB is just part of what you get).

Again, you can stop and work with this level for awhile if you like.

Now, you can choose to upgrade one application at a time and be sure all is stable before you move to the next because mixed version between 7.0.3 and 7.5 for AM/CM/SD is supported. I personally think this is a big improvement over having to do an all or nothing upgrade on the apps.

Yes, BMC is still working through a few bugs. I recommend you wait for ITSM 7.5.01... coming soon.

Kelly Deaver
kdea...@kellydeaver.com
(Yes, I work for BMC. This post reflects the opinions of the poster and not the official opinion of BMC)