I too was facing the error and noticed a bug in MidTier 7.1 Release
Notes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SW00271546
An error occurs when you publish a Crystal Report from BMC Remedy Mid
Tier release 7.x to
BusinessObjects Enterprise XI, release 2. This is due to a hard-coded
path to the
ReportAdd.exe file in the included Crystal jar files.
To work around this issue, replaced the following files in Mid Tier
installation directory
with the same files from BusinessObjects XI release 2:
 ceplugins.jar
 cecore.jar
 cesession.jar
 celib.jar
 corbaidl.jar
 ebus405.jar
 cereports.jar’
 MetafileRenderer.jar
 webreporting.jar
 rasapp.jar
 rascore.jar
 Serialization.jar
 URIUtil.jar

I checked the release notes of all 7.1 MidTier patches 001, 002, 003,
004 and this was not yet fixed
I replaced the files and was able to resolve the "ReportAdd.exe" error
but faced another error..
"You need a license to add this type of report "CrystalReport.type"

HTH

Regards,
Sumeet Das