From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Scott Illari
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:15 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Tasks not being activated properly

**
Anne,

This is a known issue with Remedy.  We fought with them for months to get it on
the bug list since it was intermittent problem.  Here is the article from their
knowledge base.  It includes the defect tracking ID so you can keep up with it.

Hope this helps.

Tasks are not always going from Staged to Pending or Assigned. When this
happens, unable to manually get the task's status off of Staged.
Details
Self Help Document

ID:

20007471

Type:

Problem Solution

Top of Form

Problem
Have Change Requests with multiple tasks in sequence.  Intermittently, some
tasks will get stuck in Staged status. The previous task was closed, but
workflow failed to change the Status of the next one in sequence to become
Assigned or Pending.  Attempts to manually change the Status in the task after
this happens generates an error.  In this situation, unable to work the task
and close.  Need help to get the Status corrected, off of Staged.

Product
BMC Remedy Change Management Application (version 7.0.03) patch 8

Environment
Server: Windows Server 2003; Client: Windows XP; HW: Pentium Pro; Language:
English-USA; Database: Oracle;

Solution
There is a hidden field associated with the TMS:Task form, State (10003019).
This field must be set to Active for the task to allow a status change.  For
some reason, the OOB workflow has been found to intermittently fail in setting
this.  The exact cause is still under evaluation. The defect related to this is
SW00316007.

In-house testing of a simple active link which pushes the value of Active to
this field for the task in question has succeeded in triggering the other OOB
workflow to advance the status of the task. For example:
One way to accomplish this would be to create a new form with a character field
and a button.  The character field is populated with the ID of the task that
needs to be moved from Staged, expl - TAS000013.  Pressing the button will
trigger an active link to search the TMS:Task form for the matching task record
(a Push If action).  When found, it will push to the field, State, a value of
Active.  This action should trigger the other out of box workflow to then
change the Status of the task to either Pending or Assigned.

NOTE:  Be sure to have proper backups when trying custom workflow in case it is
found necessary to restore to original state.
Categories
Visibility Groups
Internal, Self-Help
Thank you for your feedback!